You live the life that you lead. You aren’t going to be killed by drug dealers if you stay in school, but if you are messing with meth and not in school, you are going to be dealing with some bad stuff.
If that bad stuff of your life, or the life or a loved one, has taken over your waking hours you may be in need of some intervention. From the services offered by rehabilitation centers to the representation offered by lawyers and attorneys who provide services to clients facing criminal charges, it is important to reach out and ask for help sooner rather than later.
Lost in the Cold
You are thankful for all of your friends who helped share your posts these last few days and supporting your family with thoughts and prayers after your great uncle went missing on Thursday.
They found his car this afternoon, and found him later this evening. It is sad that he was not found earlier, but he is in a better place now, probably smiling down on everyone. Three nights in below freezing weather are too much for anyone to bear, but an elderly man in his late 70s has even fewer defenses than most. Car trouble was likely the first problem and then the police suspect that your uncle got disoriented when he went to look for help.
Police Officers Are Tasked with Various Challenges in a Single Day
From trying to intervene in a drug deal gone bad to searching for an elderly person who is lost in the cold, there are many times when police officers literally have to shift gears while they are on a shift. Maintaining safety for themselves and safety for the public, of course, should always be a priority, but in the challenging times achieving this safety can be a challenge. With the use of body cameras for law enforcement personnel, however, more and more communities are able to provide the assurances that the public wants, while also monitoring officer activity and providing data for police officials who find themselves in situations where protection is essential. As their use extends to more and more cities and towns, police body camera benefits are easier to establish and track.
From in car camera systems to the cameras that are worn by the officers themselves, the footage obtained from many of these resources not only help protect current citizens and officers, but can also serve as a valuable resource for training future police officer candidates. Consider some of these facts and figures that highlight the police body camera benefits that a department can gain by upgrading equipment:
- As one indication of police body camera benefits, an evaluation of body cameras in the Rialto, California Police Department indicated a 60% drop in use of force by officers.
- In the year 2000, only 3,400, which represented 11%, of state police and highway patrol vehicles had in-car cameras. Today, two decades later, it is estimated that nearly 72% of all state patrol vehicles utilize in-car video systems.
- 52% of police department administrators said that police body cameras would make the public more likely to cooperate with officers, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey.
- 66% of officers and 93% of the public favor the use of body cameras by officers to record interactions with citizens, according to that same recent Pew Research Center survey revelations.
- A study from 2015 indicated that police officers wearing cameras were 25.2% more likely to consider the devices helpful during interactions with the public.
- The global dashboard camera market, measured in revenue, was valued at $1,458.2 million in the year 2013 and was forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 15.3% during the period from 2014 to 2020.
Many of the days that police officers spend in the field are challenging. From searching for missing persons in the coldest of winter conditions to intervening in difficult crime scenes, it is always important to know that both the public and the men and women in uniform are as safe as possible. Studies continue to show that police body camera benefits remain significant. Finding a way to limit liability while at the same time protect officers and citizens is an important part of today’s world.